F10 Germicidal Treatment Shampoo With Insecticide has the benefits of the F10 treatment shampoo, with the inclusion of cypermethrin insecticide which gives additional control against fleas and lice, and deters flies.
Available as a 250ml bottle
Uses of F10 Shampoos
The F10 actives in the Treatment Shampoo are highly efficient at treating yeast (Malasseziasis) and fungal conditions, such as ringworm*, as well as helping to control superficial bacterial conditions (pyotraumatic dermatitis, superficial pyoderma, skin fold dermatitis).
- – Remember when treating ringworm it is important to ‘treat’ the environment and to be aware of the zoonotic implication of the disease. The F10 Product range contains both personal hand care products and safe environmental disinfectants for the control of collateral spread.
Where control of external parasites is needed F10 Germicidal Treatment Shampoo with Insecticide should be used. The inclusion of cypermethrin provides good antiparasitic control and the germicidal action of the F10 actives is effective in treating associated skin infections.
As F10 Germicidal Treatment Shampoo With Insecticide contains Cypermethrin it should not be used on cats.
Directions For Use
- For heavily soiled coats it may be necessary to first wash using an F10 shampoo to break down the natural oils in the coat. Wash off and immediately wash with the F10 Germicidal Treatment Shampoo or the F10® Germicidal Treatment Shampoo with Insecticide.
- Thoroughly wet the coat and work the shampoo all over the body and into a lather (this can sometimes be assisted by pre-diluting the shampoo to make it easier to work with).
- Leave for 15-20 minutes – or longer if possible for the F10 Germicidal Treatment Shampoo with Insecticide – and then rinse off with clean water.
- Repeat the treatment every other day, for up to three times until the skin condition has cleared, or as directed by the veterinarian.
- When using the F10 Germicidal Treatment Shampoo with Insecticide it would be desirable to leave to air dry to maximise the residual effect.
Material Safety Data Sheet
This veterinary treatment is marketed in accordance with the exemption for small animals administered by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate in the UK, for use on pet animals including pigeons, cat, birds including birds of prey, tortoises, small rodents (including hamsters, guinea pigs, mice, rats), rabbits and ferrets.
Download Safety Data Sheet Germicidal Treatment Shampoo With Insecticide
Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting, give milk or water to drink.
Eye Contact: Rinse eye thoroughly with clean water.
Seek medical advice if necessary.
- Warning – As it contains Cypermethrin, it should not be used on cats.
- Do not contaminate waterways as toxic to aquatic life.
- Do not mix with soaps and other chemicals.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
- Store in the original container in a cold well ventilated area.
- Do not store for prolonger periods in direct sunlight.
- Dispose of the empty container and any remaining product in the household refuse.