F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment with Insecticide combines the antimicrobial and insecticidal capabilities of the F10 Germicidal Wound Spray with the barrier and emollient qualities of the F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment.
F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment is a multi-purpose broad spectrum preparation effective against a wide range of bacteria, fungi, viruses and spores.
The F10 actives are presented in an easily applied preparation containing a lanolin emollient which helps to maintain and restore skin viability and help the ointment adhere to the skin surface to form an effective antimicrobial barrier.
The insecticidal content – Cypermethrin (0.25%) and Piperonyl Butoxide (1.25%) – has the capabilities of repelling flies and preventing or eliminating infestations due to fly strike.
Uses of F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment With Insecticide
Post fly-strike: Use to treat the damaged tissue to promote normal healing, help prevent re-infestation.
Open wounds: Use in situations where open wounds may be susceptible to fly-strike.
F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment with Insecticide is pink in colour, so it will be noticeable if it has been washed off, or has soaked in to the skin, and should be reapplied at that time to maintain the insecticidal protection.
Directions For Use Of F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment with Insecticide
- Use only as directed.
- Remove all organic material and clean the wound as necessary using an approved irrigating solution.
- Apply to cover the wound site and repeat if necessary once a week.
- The ointment is water soluble and should be re-applied if the animal has been exposed to rain.
Material Safety Data Sheet
This veterinary treatment is marketed in accordance with the exemption for small animals administered by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate in the UK, for use on pet animals including pigeons, cat, birds including birds of prey, tortoises, small rodents (including hamsters, guinea pigs, mice, rats), rabbits and ferrets.
Download Safety Data Sheet F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment With Insecticide
Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting, give milk or water to drink.
Eye Contact: Rinse eye thoroughly with clean water.
Seek medical advice if necessary.
- Warning – As it contains Cypermethrin, it should not be used on cats.
- Do not contaminate waterways as toxic to aquatic life.
- Do not mix with soaps and other chemicals.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and pets.
- Store in the original container in a cold well ventilated area.
- Do not store for prolonged periods in direct sunlight.
- Dispose of the empty container and any remaining product in the household refuse.
F10 Germicidal Barrier Ointment With Insecticide Is Also Available In 100g Pots