Repashy Fish Food
Repashy gel fish foods are high quality tropical freshwater fish foods designed and packed with the ingredients that your fish really needs.
Repashy Fish Food powders are easy to use and form a gel when you add boiling water.
You then simply cut the fish food gel into small cubes to feed directly to your fish.
Before the fish food gel sets you can also paste it on rocks and let it set. You can even add a string to the warm gel and when it has set hang it in your tank for species such as tetras, livebearers, and rainbows.
The amount of binders in Repashy fish food is much lower than in conventional fish flake and pellets.
Repashy uses algae and plant fibres to stabilise the gel fish food so it doesn’t fall apart in the tank.
It takes just a few minutes to make a batch of fish food gel that can last you for weeks.
When the mix has set you just simply cut the gel into smaller cubes and store them in a plastic tub in the fridge where they will last for up to 2 weeks.
You can store the fish food gel in the freezer for up to 6 months and just dip in and defrost it as needed.
Tip: Don’t make too small a batch. Use at least 2 tablespoons of Repashy gel powder. Too small a small batch will mean a small amount of boiling water that cools too fast, and the gel may set too quickly before you have time to mix it properly.
How much does a pot or tub make?
An 85 gram pot of the powder makes approximately 350 gram or 400 ml of gel food.
A 340 gram jar of the powder gives roughly 1.4 kg or 1.6 l of gel food.
How do I make up the Gel Fish Foods?
To make a gel:
- Pour boiling water into a bowl and then stir in powder. Mix 1 part powder to 2-3 parts water.
- Let the mixture cool or immediately pour into molds. You can also paste it on rocks and let it set, or you can add a string to the warm gel and when it has set, hang it in the tank for tetras, livebearers, rainbow fish.
- The gel will set in about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Cut into pieces / squares or make into a slow release Jerky (see below), to feed directly to your fish.
- Once made, gel should be treated as fresh food and can be refrigerated for up to two weeks, or kept in the freezer for up to six months.
How do I make the Gel info a firmer Jerky?
- Prepare gel as above and cut the gel into small cubes
- Completely dry in oven or food dehydrator at 65°C (150°F). (8-12 hours typical)
Can I mix Repashy Fish Foods?
Yes. All the different types can be mixed with each other.
Tip: If you have yellow, red or orange coloured fish you can add 10% Repashy Redrum powder to the mix. Redrum contains many types of carotenoids that enhance the colour of your fish.