Adaptil Calm Dog Collar is an excellent solution to help your dog stay calm and adapt even outdoors in situations like loud noises, training, boarding and fear.
The Adaptil Calm Dog Collar Is Easy To Use And Convenient As It Releases The Dog Appeasing Pheromone Constantly (Even When The Dog Is Outside).
The Dog’S Body Temperature And Close Contact Warm The Collar And Encourages The Diffusion Of Pheromones Into The Local Environment.
It Is Essential The Adaptil Collar Is In Close Contact With The Dog’S Skin At All Times.
Two Sizes Of Adjustable Collars Are Available:
Small Dogs (Fits Neck Up To 37.5Cm)
Medium/Large Dogs (Fits Neck Up To 62.5Cm).
Each Collar Lasts Up To 4 Weeks And Can Be Replaced As Required.
Easy to use
- Just put the collar around your dog’s neck and adjust it
- Then leave the collar on your dog continuously (except during shampooing)
- 1 collar provides 4 weeks constant support
- Small size collar fits neck up to 37.5 cm, for dogs up to approximately 35 lbs / 15 kg
- Medium / Large size collar fits neck up to 62.5 cm, for dogs up to approximately 110 lbs / 50 kg
Adaptil Calm is a clinically proven and Veterinary used and recommended solution to help your dog stay calm and adapt at home, in situations like staying alone, loud noises, visitors and fears.
Adaptil Calm is for dogs only. Only Dogs can detect this pheromone. Cats and people are not affected. It is not a tranquilizer or a sedative.
Adaptil Is A Synthetic Copy Of The Natural Canine Appeasing Pheromone Bitches Produce To Comfort And Reassure Puppies, It Is Proven To Reduce Anxious Behaviour In Adult Dogs And Puppies.
Learn About Adaptil Calm On-The-Go Dog Collars
Mother dogs communicate with their puppies using natural “comforting messages” released from the mammary zone. These “comforting messages“ are scientifically called Dog Appeasing Pheromones. They are odourless and are only perceived by dogs. They provide a strong signal of comfort and security to dogs of all ages.
Adaptil Calm releases “comforting messages” to help dogs feel reassured and relaxed in all challenging situations.
How Fast Will I See Results?
Many dog owners start to see results within the first 7 days. However, every dog is unique. Depending on how long the signs have been present and how severe the signs may be, it may take longer to see an improvement.
We recommend using Adaptil Calm On The Go Dog Collars for at least 1 month.
How Long Should I Use it?
Most dogs will benefit from a permanent use of the collar to create a reassuring environment at home and even outdoors. The minimum recommended duration is one month.
When to Use It?
- To comfort your dog constantly at home and outdoors
- If your dog is scared of loud noises like fireworks or thunderstorms
- If your dog has issues when staying in a kennel (barking, whining, pacing…)
- If your dog shows signs of fear when on walks
- If your dog has issues with training
Where To Use?
The collar should be around your dog’s neck at all times (except during shampooing)
When Not To Use?
Dog behaviour is often very complex. Adaptil is not recommended for cases of hyperactivity or aggression. In some cases, additional medical treatment and/or environmental modifications may be required and advice should be sought from your veterinarian or qualified animal behaviourist. If there are signs of disease, consult your veterinarian.
- If your dog’s issues are not related to stress, Adaptil will not help.
- If your dog’s issues are due to a lack of proper training (hyperactivity, over-excitement), Adaptil will not help.
- If your dog’s issues are due to a lack of stimulation in the environment, Adaptil will not help.
- If your dog is soiling the house due to lack of toilet training, or due to medical reasons, Adaptil will not help. It is important to consult a veterinarian to rule out potential medical issues.
- Adaptil will not help and should never be used in cases of aggression towards humans or other dogs. In such situations, we strongly recommend consulting your veterinarian or a qualified behaviourist.
Don’t remove the collar, except for shampooing.
Leave the collar on 24 hours a day. That’s how efficacy is proven in clinical trials with continuous use of the collar (24 hours a day) allowing the dog to constantly perceive the “comforting messages”.
How To Use?
- Place the collar snugly on your dog’s neck to ensure proper contact
- Place a finger in the plastic loop situated on the inside of the collar close to the buckle
- Using this loop pull to uncoil the collar
- Feed the end through the buckle
- Place over your dog’s head
- Tighten the collar to fit snugly with your dog’s skin
- You should be able to place no more than 2 fingers between collar and dog’s skin
- Ensure the collar is secure
- Cut off the excess portion of the collar
- When the collar comes in contact with the skin, your dog’s body temperature warms the collar causing the diffusion of “comforting messages” into the local environment
- The collar should remain on your dog at all times (except when using shampoo)
How Not To Use?
- Do not put another collar or a bandana between the Adaptil Clam Collar and your dog’s skin. This would block the contact and therefore the release of “comforting messages”
- Do not put the collar in contact with shampoo or chlorinated water (in swimming pools). If you dog swims in the sea or a lake occasionally with the collar, it’s not a problem.
- Do not fix a lead on the collar, it would not resist the tension and therefore fall off
What Size Do I need?
Adaptil Calm On-The-Go Collar size Small is recommended for dogs up to 15 kg and fits necks up to 37.5 cm
Adaptil Calm On-The-Go Collar size Medium/Large is recommended for dogs up to 50 kg and fits necks up to 62.5 cm
How Long Will it Last?
- 1 Collar lasts 30 days
- It is recommended to replace the collar every 4 weeks, to ensure continuous reassurance to your dog
How Fast Will It Work?
- Immediately upon being fitted to your dog
- Be sure to adjust the collar properly
- Check regularly to ensure a proper fit (if the collar is too loose, it will not be warmed enough by the dog’s body heat
Short Hair Vs Long Hair
- The “comforting messages” diffusion has been tested on 70 dogs with various hair lengths: short, medium, long.
- Hair length has no impact on diffusion.
The Adaptil Calm Dog Collar is NOT made of recyclable plastic material.