Adaptil Junior Puppy Collar sends “comforting messages” to help your puppy feel the same comfort and security with your family as it did with it’s mother, and learn better to develop into a balanced, well-trained adult dog.
Ensure continuous support to your puppy during the socialisation period (from adoption to 6 months old) by using a new collar every month
The Adaptil Junior Puppy Collar Is Easy To Use And Convenient As It Releases The Dog Appeasing Pheromone Constantly (Even When The Dog Is Outside).
The Dog’s Body Temperature And Close Contact Warm The Collar And Encourages The Diffusion Of Pheromones Into The Local Environment.
It Is Essential The Adaptil Collar Is In Close Contact With Your Puppy’s Skin At All Times.
Each Collar Lasts Up To 4 Weeks And Can Be Replaced As Required.
Easy to use
- Just put the collar around your puppy’s neck and adjust it
- Then leave the collar on your puppy continuously (except during shampooing)
- 1 collar provides 4 weeks constant support
- Collar fits neck up to 37.5cm, for a puppy up to approximately 15 kg
Adaptil Calm is a clinically proven and Veterinary used and recommended solution to help your puppy stay calm and adapt at home, in situations like staying alone, loud noises, visitors and fears.
Adaptil Calm is for dogs only. Only Dogs can detect this pheromone. Cats and people are not affected. It is not a tranquilizer or a sedative.
Adaptil Is A Synthetic Copy Of The Natural Canine Appeasing Pheromone Bitches Produce To Comfort And Reassure Puppies, It Is Proven To Reduce Anxious Behaviour In Adult Dogs And Puppies.
Learn About Adaptil Junior Puppy Collar
Mother dogs communicate with their puppies using natural “comforting messages” released from the mammary zone. These “comforting messages“ are scientifically called Dog Appeasing Pheromones. They are odourless and are only perceived by dogs.
These “comforting messages” provide a strong signal of comfort and security to the puppies.
Adaptil Junior Puppy Collar helps puppies to feel as comfortable and secure with their new family as they did with their mother.
How Fast Will I See Results?
Within the first week after adoption, puppies stop crying at night faster with Adaptil Junior Puppy Collar.
Within the first month, puppies become more confident and self assured. They learn better and faster thanks to Adaptil Junior Puppy Collar
We recommend using Adaptil Junior Puppy Collar until the end of the socialisation period (6 months old).
How Long Should I Use it?
Adaptil Junior Puppy Collar is recommended from adoption day, until the end of socialisation period (6 months old)
When to Use It?
- Right after adoption
- For puppies of 8 week or older
- Until the end of socialisation period (6 months old)
Where To Use?
The collar should be around your dog’s neck at all times (except during shampooing)
When Not To Use?
Dog behaviour is often very complex. Adaptil is not recommended for cases of hyperactivity or aggression. In some cases, additional medical treatment and/or environmental modifications may be required and advice should be sought from your veterinarian or qualified animal behaviourist. If there are signs of disease, consult your veterinarian.
- IIf your puppy does not receive proper training, Adaptil will not help.
- If your puppy does not receive proper socialisation, Adaptil will not help.
- If your puppy is soiling the house due to lack of toilet training, or due to medical reasons, Adaptil will not help. It is important to consult a veterinarian to rule out potential medical issues.
- Adaptil will not help and should never be used in cases of aggression towards humans or other dogs. In such situations, we strongly recommend consulting your veterinarian or a qualified behaviourist.
Don’t remove the collar, except for shampooing.
Leave the collar on 24 hours a day. That’s how efficacy is proven in clinical trials with continuous use of the collar (24 hours a day) allowing the puppy to constantly perceive the “comforting messages”.
How To Use?
- Place the collar snugly on your dog’s neck to ensure proper contact
- Place a finger in the plastic loop situated on the inside of the collar close to the buckle
- Using this loop pull to uncoil the collar
- Feed the end through the buckle
- Place over your dog’s head
- Tighten the collar to fit snugly with your dog’s skin
- You should be able to place no more than 2 fingers between collar and dog’s skin
- Ensure the collar is secure
- Cut off the excess portion of the collar
- When the collar comes in contact with the skin, your dog’s body temperature warms the collar causing the diffusion of “comforting messages” into the local environment
- The collar should remain on your puppy at all times (except when using shampoo)
How Not To Use?
- Do not put another collar or a bandana between the Adaptil Clam Collar and your puppy’s skin. This would block the contact and therefore the release of “comforting messages”
- Do not put the collar in contact with shampoo or chlorinated water (in swimming pools). If you dog swims in the sea or a lake occasionally with the collar, it’s not a problem.
- Do not fix a lead on the collar, it would not resist the tension and therefore fall off.
What Size Do I need?
Adaptil Junior Puppy Collar is recommended for puppies up to 15 kg
There are two other sizes available for small and medium/large dogs:
Adaptil Calm On-The-Go Collar size Small is recommended for dogs up to 15 kg and fits necks up to 37.5 cm
Adaptil Calm On-The-Go Collar size Medium/Large is recommended for dogs up to 50 kg and fits necks up to 62.5 cm
How Long Will it Last?
- 1 Collar lasts 30 days
- It is recommended to replace the collar every 4 weeks, to ensure continuous reassurance to your dog
How Fast Will It Work?
- Immediately upon being fitted to your puppy
- Be sure to adjust the collar properly
- Check regularly to ensure a proper fit (if the collar is too loose, it will not be warmed enough by the dog’s body heat
Short Hair Vs Long Hair
- The “comforting messages” diffusion has been tested on 70 dogs with various hair lengths: short, medium, long.
- Hair length has no impact on diffusion.
The Adaptil Calm Dog Collar is NOT made of recyclable plastic material.